A soundtrack for our lives
I adore this book. This is A Course In Miracles for, well, everyone. This finally makes ACIM all make sense for me. On a live-your-life-daily level.
The how-to. In specifics. With all my human-ness, included.
For example, Pam Grout has connected songs to some of the lessons. Reviewing that nothing is as it appears, we can play James Brown’s “I Feel Good” either in our head or out from a speaker. We can be reminded that true reality presents a world of peace, safety, and joy, through Meghan Trainor’s “Better When I’m Dancing.” We celebrate that we are made of light, and supersonic light at that, through Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now.” And of course, Louis Armstrong’s “What A Wonderful World” helps us to see what is real.
If you want to connect with and learn the amazing lessons, go get the book. In the meantime, just listen to the songs. I’ve curated her connections and made a playlist to share. Just click the Spotify image to take you to it there. Or, play it in YouTube, below.
I recommend making this the new audio playlist of your day. It will upgrade the mental playlist of your life.
Now excuse me, I’ve got to go dance through my day.
PS — I don’t get paid to promote this book or an author. It’s just really all that awesome!
What song was your favorite? Which one was the most surprising? Which song is looping in your head, over and over, now?
- I Feel Good (I Got You) — James Brown
- Happy — Pharrell Williams
- Celebration — Kool & the Gang
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy — Bobby McFerrin
- Better When I’m Dancin’ — Meghan Trainor
- Imagine — John Lennon
- What A Wonderful World — Louis Armstrong
- Dancing Queen — ABBA
- Living in the Moment — Jason Mraz
- Shower the People — James Taylor
- I Am Light — India Arie
- Walking On Sunshine — Katrina and the Waves
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun — Cyndi Lauper
- I Gotta Feeling — The Black-Eyed Peas
- Once A Day — Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go — Wham!
- Don’t Stop Me Now — Queen
- Best Day of My Life — American Authors
- Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now — McFadden & Whitehead
- Beautiful World — Colin Hay
UPDATED: As I got further into the book, more songs arose! They have now been added.
- Dance to the Music — Sly and the Family Stone
- Love Is All Around — The Troggs
- Can’t Stop the Feeling — Justin Timberlake
- Three Little Birds — Bob Marley
PS — The song “Once A Day” was new for me — and It. Is. AMAZING!!! That’s the one currently looping in my head. 👍
Gina- loved your blog today along with the soundtrack. Tried to send to Judi Teske but she couldn’t receive it by me forwarding your blog. The Belles aren’t very techie! Do you think you could send it to her directly? Thanks😘
Absolutely, Patty! Thank you for seeing it through for her. Yay for The Belles, each and every one of you!! 💖