Change Is Easy: Here’s A Fun Way to Begin.
Oh yikes, change. Talk about a loaded word.
Change is good. Change is hard. I don’t wanna change. I really wish he/she would change. I’m ready for a change.
Either way, change implies a separation. A gap between where I am here, and where I’m looking at over there. Crossing that distance can seem overwhelming.
I don’t know about you, but I can get bogged down with even starting. And then I learned a new way to look at change:
It’s simply something new.
You are already enough, here. And there’s nothing wrong with you over there, It’s just relocation. Another turn on the spiral.
When I see change as simply something new, it becomes fun.
I don’t need to reorder my life, I can simply give something a whirl. I’m not required to create world peace, I can just try kayaking. Who knows where it will lead? It may lead nowhere, but getting there might be everything.
Trying something new — even something small — is a dynamic reminder that it’s never too late to change your life.
Here are some random small acts of trying new things. What else can you think of?
- Go a different route to your regular errands.
- Take a chance on a movie.
- Turn off media background sounds.
- Cook dinner. Or, order out. Whichever is out of your norm.
- Go for a walk instead of ________.
- Wear the article of clothing that is at the very bottom of your drawer.
- Switch up your parking spot.
Here are some random medium acts of trying new things. What comes to your mind?
- Sign up for a Community Education class.
- Get an instrument and learn to play it.
- Experiment with a capsule wardrobe.
- Add a digital book checkout to your physical library use.
- Repaint a room.
- Downsize your stored items, and live more with less.
- Choose a new exercise/movement plan.
So forget about change, crossing gaps, and end results. What’s simply one new thing you can try this week?
Once again Gina, you nailed it! Love the gentle support and encouragement! Your calm, guiding energy shines through here, thank you for sharing! 💕
LikeLiked by 1 person
I asked a group of people yesterday what’s something new they’ve tried lately, outside of work. Some responses were building a farmhouse table, attending an aerial yoga class, getting a reclining-style bicycle, and buying a family business. Wow!!
I am drawn to playing the violin, and know that I will…one day. One action I took today toward that was to browse violins, for the first time ever. I even put one in my Amazon Wish List…! I think “one day” might be Christmas for myself? 😛