Fast track to self-nurturing
Today I have begun a fast for a medical checkup test. In the next 24 hours I will ingest only coffee and water, and I may have eggs for supper. And I’ve already hit my coffee limit.
I got this. It’ll be fine. I’m invested in accurate checkup results, so this isn’t a hardship. However, I do have a plan for my day:
- I will be gentle with myself, today.
- I will move my body with intention and grace.
- I will pause my thoughts and consider.
- I will attend to what needs be done, and then I will stop working for the day.
- I will nurture myself, today.
Wait a minute.
This seems like a good recipe, for any day.
What if we approached every day in this way? How would that affect our well-being as we move through Life? How would it affect our relationships, our productivity, and our sense of self?
I’m gonna find out, today.
Today I will do my work and then I will stop. I will read. I will watch a movie. I will do my nails. I will snuggle on the couch. Tucked in here at home, in comfy clothes. Wrapped in care and self-love.
Today I will nurture myself.
(And I will eat eggs. I adore eggs!)
How might you nurture yourself, today?